Anna Maria College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE), a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Anna Maria College’s programs are also approved for veterans by the Board of Regents of Higher Education.
What Does Accreditation Mean?
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Why is Accreditation Important?
Accreditation can help you determine if an institution meets or exceeds minimum standards of quality, which is especially important if you are considering earning your degree online. With the increasing number of colleges offering online degree programs, accreditation gives you assurance and confidence in the quality of education you will receive. Earning your degree from an accredited institution such as Anna Maria College also means that your credentials will be recognized by employers following graduation. Having a degree from an accredited college or university also means that credits earned are transferable to other accredited programs or institutions.
Inquiries regarding Anna Maria College’s accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
Anna Maria College is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
Program Accreditations & Recognitions
- RN-BSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- B.S. in Fire Science program has been awarded Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) recognition for developing a state-of-the-art program featuring FESHE National Professional Development Model core courses as standard.
- Ranking in the top 10, Anna Maria’s online B.S. in Fire Science program has been named one of BestColleges.com Top Online Fire Science Programs in America.
- Anna Maria College ranked in the top 25 Massachusetts colleges and universities considered to have the greatest lifetime return on investment for its students by AffordableCollegesOnline.org (AC Online).
- The 2013 Washington Monthly ranked Anna Maria College 374 out of 684 Master's Universities based on their contributions to the public good in social mobility, research, and service.
- Anna Maria College has been recognized as a 2015-2016 College of Distinction.
- Chronicle of Higher Education’s 2011 Almanac ranked Anna Maria College as the 16th fastest growing campus in America.
Anna Maria College’s accreditation and rankings speak to the capabilities of our faculty and staff to provide a quality education to students like you who are interested in career growth and personal development. If you have any questions about our online degree programs, call 877-265-3201 to speak with an admissions advisor.
2FESHE at the U.S. Fire Administration, 16825 S. Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, MD, 21727. Phone: 800-238-3358.
3IACBE at 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, Kansas 66215. Phone: (913) 631-3009. Email: email@example.com.