Master of Public Administration
Professionals in the public administration field analyze information, oversee expenditures, draft and implement governmental and public policy, manage people and resources, conduct safety inspections, investigate suspected criminal activity, serve as consultants, and in general act as stewards for the public interest. Public administrators also help government agencies and private organizations meet the ever-changing needs of the general population. Fortunately, Anna Maria College’s General Track MPA focuses on the skills and knowledge required of public sector leaders.
Become an effective, recognized leader within the public sector with the General Track of the online Master of Public Administration. This track will offer you maximum career flexibility with high-income opportunity thanks to the growing demand for administrators equipped with a public sector management degree.
Taught by a renowned faculty of professionals with real-world experience and expertise, the General Track will help you develop the skills necessary to provide leadership in the public sector. As you progress through Anna Maria College’s online public administration master’s program you’ll obtain in-depth skills required to succeed in an advanced public sector role. Some of the public management skills you’ll learn and develop throughout the program include:
- Analyzing and implementing policy
- Making strategic budgeting decisions
- Driving organizational transformation
- Effectively communicating with the masses
- Predicting how items directly related to policies will be affected after their execution
General Track MPA Curriculum
This specialization includes a powerful core public administration curriculum paired with diverse training in public sector management at local, state and federal levels. Available specialization courses include:
- Conflict Management – Students will learn how to apply various negotiation and conflict resolution strategies to solve internal and external conflicts facing people and groups in the public sector.
- Labor-Management Relations – This course examines labor relations in the public sector as seen through the eyes of a public service administrator, particularly with regards to legislation and government policy.
- Professional Government Management – This course is designed to introduce students to the theories behind federal, state, and local government management and demonstrate how these theories are put to work in the real world to achieve public sector objectives and goals.
Learn more about the General Track MPA courses. >>
What Can You Do with an MPA Degree?
With the advanced knowledge obtained through the General Track, you’ll have the credentials to help obtain a variety of roles in the public sector. Whether your goal is to become a public sector executive or work on the front lines, there’s no end to the number of careers you can pursue with a Master of Public Administration. Here’s a small sampling of the high-level roles you can pursue after completing Anna Maria College’s online General Track MPA program:
- Chief Development Officer
- Public Works Director
- Community Development Manager
- Social Service Administrator
Learn more about the careers for MPA graduates. >>
Learn from Public Sector Experts
All of these in-depth courses are delivered by professors recruited directly from the field and rich in real-world public administration experience. These thought leaders and world-class educators often have experience in holding the high-level leadership positions you seek and can offer essential career advice.