Master of Public Administration
From law enforcement and the court system to corrections and private security, leadership positions in criminal justice are diverse and in demand. Gain the unique skills and training needed by earning an MPA with a Criminal Justice specialization from Anna Maria College. In two years or less, you can earn your Master of Public Administration degree with a concentration that will prepare you to become a leader in the field of criminal justice.
Our rigorous criminal justice curriculum provides the advanced knowledge you need to move your career forward into leadership positions. With a keen focus on public policy, the judicial system, and organizational leadership, the Criminal Justice specialization at Anna Maria College offers you the opportunity to:
- Study a powerful curriculum infused with emergency management and public policy training
- Focus on community engagement and partnership development in order to better protect and serve the public
- Learn from professors with real-world criminal justice experience and gain valuable insights that can propel your career
- Receive law enforcement leadership training tailored for field agents and justice administrators at the local, state and federal level
Pursue Leadership in Criminal Justice Organizations
With specialized criminal justice skills, you’ll gain vital knowledge to obtain a wide variety of leadership roles within the public and private sectors. Whether you intend to serve on the front lines or pursue an administrative role within a law enforcement department or agency, Anna Maria College’s online MPA with a specialization in Criminal Justice will prepare you for some of the most in-demand and highest-paying jobs in the criminal justice field. By learning about criminal justice leadership, you’ll acquire the skills necessary for high-level law enforcement professionals and the skills agencies look for when filling supervisory and management roles.
Learn more about Criminal Justice careers. >>
Gain Knowledge from Top Experts
The Criminal Justice faculty at Anna Maria College brings decades of real-world knowledge and experience to the classroom, and is armed with today’s most vital information to help you understand crucial criminal justice practices. Our faculty members include a 26-year veteran of the District Attorney's Office of Worcester and the former Chief Probation Officer of the Taunton District Court. You will also learn management strategies and techniques from public administration experts that can be directly applied to your criminal justice leadership career.
Specialized Criminal Justice Administration Curriculum
Anna Maria’s online Master of Public Administration degree is built around a core curriculum that is designed to develop your management and leadership skills through an in-depth study of such topics as managerial statistics, strategic planning, and public policy. The specialized criminal justice courses will complement your professional aspirations by showing you how to apply those same management and leadership topics to law enforcement and criminal justice.
Here’s a sampling of the Criminal Justice MPA coursework:
- Justice Administration – Students will explore foundational management and administration concepts as they apply to agencies, departments, and organizations in the criminal justice system.
- Topics in Justice Administration – This course deals with emerging and present day challenges for criminal justice administrators, including budget cuts, officer safety, and the changing views of law enforcement in the U.S.
- Justice and Public Policy – Students will examine various models and approaches to the delivery of public services as they support the goals of contemporary justice administration in a democratic society.
Students also have the option of completing either a capstone project or applied research course. If you’re planning to pursue career advancement after graduation, the capstone project will allow you to demonstrate to potential employers your mastery of the topics explored throughout the program and your ability to apply your newfound criminal justice administration skills to real-world situations.
Learn more about the Criminal Justice MPA courses. >>